CAT/SwimAmerica Program Information
Our goal is to teach children how to swim for life — we don’t just teach swim lessons. We put safety first and this program is designed to teach all the swim skills your child needs to be safe in and around the water for a lifetime. SwimAmerica™ is a national learn to swim program operated by the American Swimming Coaches Association through over 500 Program Directors at over 900 sites across the USA. Its the state of the art learn to swim program in the world today. SwimAmerica™ is a curriculum that has been developed by a committee of the American Swimming Coaches Association to provide the finest learn-to-swim progression in the world.
The Cougar Aquatic-Swim America coaching staff has been professionally prepared to offer your child the very latest in teaching and learning. The program is goal-driven and technique oriented. The program is operated by using ten stations or levels. Swimmers will move to the higher skill groups as they achieve the advancement goals of their present group. By being goal driven, we now have specific skills that must be mastered before progressing to the next level. We will be able to reward the swimmer at every phase of their progression and build their confidence as they are learning to swim. By being technique oriented, we are bringing more emphasis to teaching proper stroke mechanics from the very beginning. Our coaches will emphasize correct learning from the very first lesson.
EMAILS WILL GO OUT IN MARCH TO PREVIOUS SWIMAMERICA FAMILIES. REGISTRATION LINK FOR ALL NEW FAMILIES WILL BE POSTED MID-MARCH ON OUR WEBSITE.
+ This program is currently for ages 4 to 8 (some exceptions may apply).
+ Classes are 35 minutes in duration and are on every Monday and Wednesday for a total of 16 classes (8 weeks x 2 days a week = 16 classes). Wednesday, October 31st there will be no class due to Halloween. Final Class Mon Nov 5th.
+ You have a choice of time slot of either 4:00pm or 4:45pm. You can sign up for whichever time works best for you but you cannot change once you’ve registered (you can ask but we will not be able to guarantee it).
If you have any general questions about this program, please e-mail the Program Director at email@example.com.
For billing/registration questions, please e-mail the Head Coach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OUR FACILITY:
• All families in Swim America MUST park in the Walden lot (GPS = Walden Place, Montclair, NJ).
• The boys locker room will not be available, please come dressed ready to swim. There is a bathroom on deck and a changing area at the top of the seating area in the pool.
• No one is allowed to roam around the building when lessons or clinic is in session. You must remain in the pool area (off the deck).
• Must use the buzzer system when entering the pool. Please announce that you are for: Swim America.
Train with Purpose.
- S1/SNT - practice schedule change. Check website NEWs post for details. 29 Dec
- Swim-A-Thon update! Senior Nat slowly catching up to Sen1! Gold and Senior Prep in a tight race for third place! De… https://t.co/JYsPp2y0rQ 6 Nov
- Senior 1 has taken a strong lead in the Swim-A-Thon leaderboard! Check out our constantly updated news article! 5 Nov